Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Election Day 2008


DC Fireworks
Originally uploaded by Grundlepuck
Great speeches by both John McCain who was very gracious in defeat, as well as Obama, who was humble in victory.
The day started off with a mid-morning vote at the AmVets hall, where my precinct voted. No long lines. Mostly old people milling around. Since I knew McCain was going to win Kentucky anyway, I voted for Nader. I didn't have to worry about it messing up the status quo as if I were in a swing state.
I am glad that Obama won, but I hope he will move leftward as time goes on. Especially on environmental issues. All told, a great day for America. I hope we have driven a stake through the heart of the Rovian era of us versus them.

No comments:

D I Y

Start where you are...
Use what you have...
Become the change that you want to see in the world.

Enough for Everyone's Need, Not for Everyone's Greed...

Live simply so that others may simply live.

Become the Media

Don't listen to the one-sided corporate-owned media. They are not in the business of finding the truth. They are only concerned about making money for themselves and their stock holders. If they do report the truth, it is only because it suits their business plan. A happy accident...
Become the media! Blog it, film it, record it...
You still have credibility... They don't.