Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Louisville Under Water...


August Flood 09
Originally uploaded by tonykeith51
So I was out of town today. Everyone kept calling me telling me that Louisville was getting hammered by 6" of rain. I was in Bowling Green. A few sprinkles, but no big deal. When I was driving home listening to WHAS, I started to hear the extent of the flooding. People rescued from UofL in boats, and the Watterson Xway closed due to flooding. I got home. No water in the basement. Earlier this summer I bought a new sump pump that was like 2 times bigger than the recommended size. Hey anything worth doing is worth overdoing. I have included some flickr video here from some folks near Churchill Downs. Some areas got hit pretty hard...

No comments:

D I Y

Start where you are...
Use what you have...
Become the change that you want to see in the world.

Enough for Everyone's Need, Not for Everyone's Greed...

Live simply so that others may simply live.

Become the Media

Don't listen to the one-sided corporate-owned media. They are not in the business of finding the truth. They are only concerned about making money for themselves and their stock holders. If they do report the truth, it is only because it suits their business plan. A happy accident...
Become the media! Blog it, film it, record it...
You still have credibility... They don't.