Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Harvest Wind Farm

On my recent bike tour in the thumb of Michigan, I saw a welcome sight for greenies everywhere. The Harvest Wind Farm is a cooperative of 32 working windmills in rural Michigan northeast of Flint. All but one of these were turning and generating power as I rode by. The other was inop/not yet installed? According to the blurb I read on a signpost when I got to Pigeon, Mi. This windfarm generates enough power to meet the needs of 1500 households. There is a constant breeze off Lake Huron, and these babies will get a workout!

No comments:

D I Y

Start where you are...
Use what you have...
Become the change that you want to see in the world.

Enough for Everyone's Need, Not for Everyone's Greed...

Live simply so that others may simply live.

Become the Media

Don't listen to the one-sided corporate-owned media. They are not in the business of finding the truth. They are only concerned about making money for themselves and their stock holders. If they do report the truth, it is only because it suits their business plan. A happy accident...
Become the media! Blog it, film it, record it...
You still have credibility... They don't.